Wednesday, November 12, 2008
country music
Every once in a while I rediscover country music. I think I'll describe it as a guilty pleasure. It's one of those things I don't indulge in much but when I do I usually enjoy the experience. I flipped through the stations on the radio last weekend and ran into some country music. I also found myself making a genius playlist on itunes to a Carrie Underwood song. Tonight I'm watching the CMAs. There's something about it that makes me want to move to Tennessee and have a big family dinner. (Not necessarily with either of my families - they aren't very country - but with Faith Hill's family). Does anybody else remember the Step-by-Step episode where Karen wanted to be a country singer? And then I think Dana ended up singing...I'm not saying that country singers are the best. I have heard some sketchy vocals tonight. But there is something heart-warming and uplifting about wide open spaces and empowered newly single people who are going to make it on their own! And yes, the guy from Rascal Flatts named his son Jagger and Taylor Swift performed in a purple Barbie-esque dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment