Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Wrinkle in Time

I recently enjoyed falling back into the story of Meg Murry in Madeleine L'Engle's, A Wrinkle in Time. I read it again as a bit of research for a project I've been adding to in my spare time. Spare time which seems to become more and more elusive as the year progresses. I've been able to read A Wrinkle while training for the mini-marathon on, yes, (gasp), the treadmill. I know I'll offend all real runners by admitting that I've done most (I'm sorry all) of my training on a treadmill and not outside. Regardless, thanks to the new Kindle, I'm able to actually read while I run! There's no doubt it's the reason I've been able to get through these initial miles. So, right what's the point of this post - I recommend picking up the books, like A Wrinkle, that were favorites from years ago. It's refreshing to enter the worlds you can only remember in bits and interact with characters who charmed years ago.

No comments: