(should be studying for the bar right now...) :)
Saturday, June 13, 2009
writing
I have a love of reading. I am not sure love is the correct word. After the first few pages I find myself settling comfortably into the obsession yet again. Yes, obsession is probably a more accurate word. The words invade my mind and I cannot stop. Being in the middle of a book means my days are filled of thoughts about said book, and I cannot wait for my next chance to learn more of the characters. I yearn to know what fate the author has intricately woven and predestined for each of them. This is why I have not yet been able to write. I hope and plan to write one day. Short stories maybe, or even that one great novel that people dream about. I am, however, paralyzed. I do not begin to write. I cannot even note ideas because I am intimidated by the immense talent a multitude of authors have had to shape stories which have driven my obsession for years. My ideas come and go, and almost every time I pause and convince myself the particular idea could not possibly capture the mind and imagination of my most severe audience and critic, whom I know quite well is me.
Labels:
writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment